The growing needs of health care opened doors for a campaign to start collect funds in order to build a larger Sanatorium. The first large donation came from Mr. & Mrs. Dicran Taylor of California. Many contributions followed, and a land was eventually purchased a land extending over an area of 19 hectares in the village of Azounieh – half way between Mdeyrij and Ain-Zhalta, at an altitude of about 1200 meters from sea level. The reasoning was to provide patients with a healthy and dry air, surrounded by splendid views of mountains and valleys overlooking the Baruk Cedars.
The main building was started in 1937, and on August 12th of 1938, the Sanatorium was moved from Maameltein to its new location at Azounieh.